Wednesday, 8 December 2010

If your traveling to the United States have you got your ESTA?

If your travelling the United States with us - have you applied
for a ESTA?

As a UK passport holder (or holder of a non UK passport whose country participates in the USA's Visa Waiver Programme) you need to have a valid ESTA before you can travel to the US.

This authorisation must be applied for in advance otherwise you will not be permitted to board your flight. The Esta is the new system that allows the Department of Homeland Security and U.S Custom and Board Protection Department to check passengers before they are able to board a flight.

The process is simple, all you have to do is log on to the following website - and complete the online form.

One form needs to be completed for each travelling person and there is a fee of £9 or $14 per application. Your authorisation will then be valid for any trips taken to the US within a two year period from the date of issue.

To complete the form you will need to have a valid email address and credit card, personal details from you passport, details of the flight that you are taking to the US, your address where you will be staying and any details of illnesses or criminal convictions that may prevent you from being allowed to enter the country.

Once you have completed the form you will need to make a note of your application number and make payment. Once your application has been processed you will need to print a copy of the authorisation and it is recommended that you take a copy of this document with you when you travel.

For more information, please look at the follow website - or call us in the office on 01453 823328